Free UK Delivery
Estimated Delivery 3-5 Days
28 Day Returns
- Product Code: CW10348
- Brand: Icom
The Icom IC-M93D Euro handheld VHF is a floating DSC VHF with built-in GPS. This makes it very suitable for use on yachts, RIBS or even for more adventurous SUP or Kayak owners looking for a reliable and rugged VHF that can summon help quickly and efficiently.
Icom claim this to be the slimmest and lightest VHF for its kind, packed full of features and with a constant watch on channel 70 the DSC handheld is certainly comfortable and easy to use. The 2.3-inch big backlit display is easy to read both in the daytime and at night whilst the new style buttons make using it a painless process. Noise-canceling built-in tech helps with transmitting from a windy deck, or near engine noise. Should you accidentally drop the VHF in the water it will float and is buoyant and waterproof, as soon as it hits the sea a flashing LED light is automatically activated to help locate it (and potentially you). Once in contact with the water, if the DSC button is triggered by the user it will issue an automatic MOB distress signal along with the time and position of the radio/person in the water.* A feature that could be invaluable for short-handed sailing or a night watch, making the VHF both communication and safety kit.
The battery lasts 9 hours when fully charged including monitoring constantly channel 70 for DSC and can be recharged using the included fast charger in about 2 .5 hours. Other key features of the M93D include a mini navigation system from a current position to a specified waypoint, better still you can programme in up to 50 waypoint, aquaquake to clear the speaker of water, dual and tri-watch functions as well as a favourite channel function.
- IC-M93D EURO VHF/DSC with built-in DSC receiver (meets ITU-R M.493-13 Class D DSC),
- Internal GPS A
- Active noise canceling technology.
- 2.3 inch full dot matrix high-contrast display and
- soft keypad makes this a comfortable and easy hand-portable to operate.
- PX7 submersible (1m depth of water for 30 minutes)
- Navigation function from a current position to specified waypoint and storage of up to 50 waypoint memories with alphanumeric names for navigation
- Dual/Tri-watch function for monitoring CH16 and /or call channel
- Battery indicator shows remaining battery power in four levels
- Favourite channel function allows quick channel selection by setting the “Tag” channel to channels used most often
- AquaQuake draining function emits a vibrating sound and clears water away from the speaker grill
- Rapid charger and Li-ion battery